Monday, February 14, 2011

Be Mine

Happy Valentine's Day!
It wasn't the best day, Isaac isn't here so I had nothing planned. Thanks to my awesome friends though, I got enough candy and cards to last me the rest of the year. I feel so loved. I think it is really sweet when students in college give everyone a valentine, because that was usually the best day in elementary school. It's always a good feeling to know someone else is caring enough to give you a valentine, even more so in college because a teacher doesn't have to force us to give one out to the whole class.

Over the weekend I went to my friends wedding, which was at a really nice hotel in downtown Seattle. Everything was so beautiful and exuberant. I can not wait to get married. I want to be the bride in a stunning white dress holding a colorful bouquet of fresh flowers, beaming with joy awaiting to spend the rest of my life with an amazing man. *sigh* All in God's timing.
Love is the best!

On a different note, track practice was extremely frustrating today. For some reason all of the correction from my coach on the hurdles I took as harsh criticism. I felt like I wanted to cry the whole time because of frustration and lack of self-esteem. I hate that feeling. I hate not being good enough and not improving something after doing it over and over again. Ugh! It was just one of those days where track is a huge burden, where I ask myself how I got this far and why I keep going. Tomorrow is another day. I found out I'm doing pentathlon for indoor GNAC conference. 60m hurdles, high jump, long jump, shot put, 800m. Should be interesting. I practiced shot put for the first time since fall today, and have yet to clear a height in high jump. Plus the 800 just always sucks. I'm competing on Friday so we'll see how that goes.

To end the day on a positive, my intramural soccer team won 21-9! And I even scored a goal! So that was really awesome. Go Methodical Madness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment